Local SEO with Google Business Profile: It is simply about appearing as high as possible in a Google search query with regional relevance, ideally in the Local Snack Pack. This means displaying the top 3 local businesses, which Google lists even before the organic search results and also provides a Google Maps view.
Local SEO with Google Business Profile
For local search queries, the search results are divided as follows:
- The “normal” organic search results
- The local search results, also called the LOCAL SNACK PACK
Your goal should be to appear in the “Local Snack Pack”
because that is where the visibility is highest.
With local SEO done right, a company’s website can get the exact attention it needs to stand out from the local competition. Think about your own search behavior: When your customer searches on Google for a service, a store, a restaurant (as in the example), in your region, it is because the customer wants to find something suitable.
Usually, the intention of this local search is to actually use this service. The more visible your company is in local searches, the more chances you have to get paying customers.
1. Quick reference to local SEO
- Google automatically displays the businesses closest to the searcher’s location, even if a location is not explicitly searched for
- Local SEO measures can provide decisive added value: With the help of reviews, news function, etc., offer maximum service from the first contact
- Regional SEO should not only be done for Google. Other search engines such as Bing Places, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo! or Apple Maps also play an important role.
Note: In this post, we will focus on local SEO optimization for Google. Google, with a global market share of over 90%, is the absolute leader. But it definitely doesn’t hurt to learn additionally about SEO for Bing Places or Apple Maps.
2. Local search positioning factors
According to several studies, the most important factors for positioning on Google Maps are:
- Google My Business
- Website / OnPage
- Interactions: Comments, Photos, User Signals
The goal should be to rank in the Local Snack Pack, because for local search queries, the click-through rate from organic results is significantly lower.
YOU Need help optimizing your LOCAL SEO?
Create your Google Business Profile account, set up the basic data, tags and keywords with the appropriate services. With Google Business Profile your business can grow faster than with most other channels. Interested?
3. Optimizing Google Business Profile
⇒ Without Google Business Profile local search engine optimization doesn’t work
If you want to be found in local search, you must not only optimize your Google Business Profile listing, but also include the best possible description of your service. The visitor doesn’t see it, but Google gets the search results.
Rule: The better and more accurate the description of your services, the higher the search results will be. But not only that: It also increases the quality of visitors who find your company. The positioning factors are:
Relevance to the search query:
- According to the descriptions of your services
- Timeliness and completeness of the company’s data
- Reputation / brand awareness
- Distance to search engine location
You should always keep your Google Business Profile profile up to date.
Opening hours, phone number, address, answers to questions, answers to reviews, description of the company,…
4. Google Business Profile optimization is not enough
At the same time, an optimized Google Business Profile is no substitute for an SEO-optimized company website and a good reputation in itself.
This means: On-page optimization, relevant content, positive reviews on different platforms, etc., are not optional, but mandatory.
Guide to Google Business Profile
We will soon provide you with a guide to Google Business Profile optimization. To make sure you don’t miss this, simply sign up. As soon as the guide is ready, we will automatically send it to you.